Web Presence…… for beginners “from the artist’s hand to the world’s eye”
October 24, 2009| Saturday from 10 to 3
This workshop for artists, but is open to all.
Arts Visalia 214 East Oak Avenue Visalia, CA 93291 559-739-0905
For those of us who are hands-on creative persons, showcasing ourselves on the world wide web via the internet can be very daunting. This virtual world seems to move at super sonic speed far from the human pace of making art. Often we give up before we even start.
This class is based on this tenet:
Start just where you are.
Take one step at a time.
Start is the keyword here.
The professional artist is represented by their actual artwork, and also by what is said and read about their work on the world wide web. The wise and savvy artist needs to be in control of his or her own “brand” or name as it shows up in the virtual world. It’s like adding your name in the phone book, with a well-placed, complete, accurate ad in the yellow pages—
a great presentation that you write, design and supervise yourself.
Do you want others telling the world about your work as an artist,
or do you want your story told using your own creative voice?
- learn a simple web glossary
- learn how to register a domain name
- finally get some simple tips about search engines
- create a free blog as website
- learn basic blogging techniques
- learn to recognize clean website design
- discover ways to sell your work online without hassles
- explore social media as a way to enhance your blog
- develop your personal artist’s web presence
- connect with other artists and see what’s cooking out there
- be inspired by the web art community
- acquire web competency without fear
- create locally and exhibit globally
$45 for registration prior to October 10, $55 after this date.
Pre-registration required. Reserve your space early.
Print registration form.
Bring any business cards, brochures, or any printed press material about you or your work. Also bring pen and paper, wireless laptop (if you have access to one) and maybe a sack lunch. There are food establishments in the area where you can get a quick take out lunch. We will be sharing ideas during lunch.
Instructor: Elsah Cort collage artist, web enthusiast, blogger and
Three Rivers Artists’ Studio Tour organizer
For more information call 559-561-4671.
Image: Butterfly Man, mixed media collage 11X14 in ©1998 Elsah Cort
Create A Blog-Style Website With WordPress
November 11, 2009 from 1-4:30 pm
Harrison Hall at Presbyterian Church in Three Rivers
This workshop is a great tool for making yourself known to the World of the Internet. WordPress is free and easy to use. It is a non- technical web publishing solution for everyone. This workshop will focus on how to set up and use the WordPress system. If you can send email, you can learn WordPress!
• for individuals without a traditional web site ….. this is an easy way to start your Internet Presence
• for individuals with a traditional web site ….. this is a simple way to enhance your Internet Presence
The workshop is sponsored by the Three Rivers Arts Alliance.
Instructor: Aranga Firstman, Ph.D., educator, artist, web site designer and web master.
The cost is $25 for Three Rivers Arts Alliance members and $35 for nonmembers.
Make check payable to the Arts Alliance of Three Rivers, $25 member/$35 non-member.
Mail the check and registration form to Aranga Firstman, P.O. Box 176, Three Rivers, CA 93271
Registration deadline is November 7th.
For additional details or questions, visit the Arts Alliance of Three Rivers web site or call 561-3464.